Thursday, November 6, 2008

like fine wine.

Better than all measures
Of delightful sound--
Better than all treasures
That in books are found--
Thy skill to poet were, thou Scorner of the ground!

Teach me half the gladness
That thy brain must know,
Such harmonious madness
From my lips would flow
The world should listen then--as I am listening now.
-Percy Shelley

"...enjoy life as it is. "but the facts of reality stink," i told him. "Reality is like a fine wine," he said to me. "It will not appeal to children." And I am grateful my friend stung me in that way, because this truth helped me understand and appreciate life in it's self, as it is, without the false hope formulas offer. I didn't read formula books after that because reality is like fine wine."

maybe exactly what happens to us is exactly what we need. embrace. drink it like fine wine. learn to appreciate. go.

<3 Laine

No comments: