Sunday, December 21, 2008

the modern leper.







A cripple walks amongst you all
you tired human beings
He's got all the things a cripple has, not working arms and legs


And vital parts fall from his system and dissolve in Scottish rain, Vitally he doesn't miss them He's too fucked up to care




is that you infront of me?
Coming back for even more of exactly the same
You must be a masochist
to love a modern leper on his last leg


Well, I crippled your heart a hundred times,
and still can't work out why
You see, I've got this disease I can't shake
and I'm just rattling through life
Well, this is how we do things now
Yeah, this is how the modern say scared
So I cut out all the good stuff
Yeah, I cut off my foot to spite my leg


Is that you infront of me?
Coming back for even more of exactly the same
You must be a masochist
to love a modern leper
on his last leg
well i am ill
but i'm not dead
and i don't know which of those i prefer
because that limp which i have lost
it was the only thing holding me up
holding me up


I'm lying on the ground now
and you walk in through the only door
Well, I have lost my eyesight like i said i would
but i still know


That that is you infront of me
you are back for even more of exactly the same
are you a masochist
You love a modern leper on his last leg
you're not ill
and i'm not dead
doesn't that make us the perfect pair?
just you and me
we'll start again
and you can tell me all about
what you did today
what you did today.




No comments: